Thursday, December 20, 2007

Amy's List

I have finally come up with my list of Notables to read for 2008. I will definitely be reading these:
  • The Space Between Us - Thrity Umrigar (Kiriyama)
  • The Archivist's Story - Travis Holland ( PW)
  • The Madonnas of Leningrad - Debra Dean (ALA)
  • The Septembers of Shiraz- Dalia Sofer (CSM, NYT)
  • The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Mohsin Hamid (NYT and PW)
  • What the Dead Know - Laura Lippman (PW)
And I would like to read these if I have time:
  • Brother, I'm Dying-Edwidge Danticat (NYT and NBCC)
  • The Gathering -Anne Enright (NYT)
  • The Ministry of Special Cases- Nathan Englander (NYT)
  • Fieldwork - Mischa Berlinski (PW)
  • In the Country of Men - Hisham Matar (NYT)
  • The Worst Hard Time - Timothy Egan (ALA)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh, you are in for a treat with The Madonnas of Leningrad. I hope you like it as much as I did.