Thursday, January 7, 2010

My challenge for 2010

I am challenging myself to read ten books from the notable lists in 2010. The books I have chosen so far:

Nonfiction:

Strength in What Remains, by Tracy Kidder
Cheever: A Life, by Blake Bailey


Fiction:

Too Much Happiness, by Alice Munro
Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
Descarte's Bones, by Russell Shorto
The View from Castle Rock, by Alice Munro

I will update this to a total of ten - or beyond - as I work through the lists.

December 5, 2010:

I have read one of the above! I am currently reading three from the lists:

Brightsided by Barbara Ehrenreich
Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart
Circling my Mother, by Mary Gordon

So far this year I have read:

There is no me without you, by Melissa Faye Greene
The View from Castle Rock, by Alice Munro
The Maytrees, by Annie Dillard

Not a wonderful showing this year!

No comments: