Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Progress

Last year I challenged myself to read 10 books. I had gone for 20 the year before and found it was too much pressure. I met the challenge on November 17. Through the year I revised the list so here it is with read and unread books as it finally shook out:

So Brave, Young, and Handsome by Leif Enger - read
Fine Just the Way it is, by Annie Proulx - read
No One Heard Her Scream, by Jordan Dane - read
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
When Will There be Good News? by Kate Atkinson - read
Descartes' Bones, by Russell Shorto
The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly - read
The Private Patient by P. D. James. - read
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver et al - read
Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell - read
Away, by Amy Bloom - read
American Wife, by Curtis Sittenfeld - read



I have not chosen a list for 2010 yet but expect I'll put the unread books from my 2009 list on it and expand from there. I love that we are choosing from several years now because sometimes just the right book comes along and it's from a year or so back.

2 comments:

ImageNations said...

everyone is setting standards this year. Hmm! I intend to read about 36 books but I don't know if I would be able to. As it stands now I am crawling. Good luck in your reading expedition. Happy New Year.

Judith Lautner said...

You'll notice, Nana, that some of us set challenges lower than what we might achieve. It's always nice to exceed the challenge!