Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sandra's Wrap-up for 2009

This is my second year of reading Notable books but it seems I never actually wrote a specific post about it. My tally for 2008 was 33 books from the Notable lists, and these 14 books in 2009, of which I managed 3 reviews. The stars tell the story on the others.


The Madonnas of Leningrad***** by Debra Dean

The Elegance of the Hedgehog**** by Muriel Barbery

A Mercy***** by Toni Morrison

Olive Kitteridge***+ by Elizabeth Strout

Home Repair*** by Liz Rosenberg

The Little Stranger***** by Sarah Waters

Little Bee***** by Chris Cleave

The Weight of Heaven****+ by Thrity Umrigar

A Short History of Women*** by Kate Walbert

Invisible***** by Paul Auster

Lacuna***** by Barbara Kingsolver

Await Your Reply**** by Dan Chaon

The Broken Teaglass**** by Emily Arsenault

The Anthologist*** by Nicholson Baker

I'm sure I can manage a dozen in 2010.
Leave a comment if you have any questions about any of these books and authors or want to know which I read in 2008. I'd be willing to write a brief review of any book if asked. Happy reading in 2010.

No comments: