Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My challenge for 2009

[last edited Nov. 17, 2009]
In 2007 I challenged myself to read 12 books from the 2006 list. I started halfway through the year and accomplished that goal, so in 2008 I challenged myself to read 20 from the 2007 lists. I read 21. I feel that although I am capable of reading larger and larger lists of books I do enjoy it less when I feel time pressure. So for 2009 I am challenging myself to read just 10.

I have chosen some of those ten, and reserve the right to modify this list, of course. Here is the list as modified over the year:

So Brave, Young, and Handsome by Leif Enger - read
Fine Just the Way it is, by Annie Proulx - read
No One Heard Her Scream, by Jordan Dane - read
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
When Will There be Good News? by Kate Atkinson - read
Descartes' Bones, by Russell Shorto
The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly - read
The Private Patient by P. D. James. - read
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver et al - read
Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell - read
Away, by Amy Bloom - read
American Wife, by Curtis Sittenfeld - read

As of November 17 I met my goal for the year of reading just ten. I'll keep reading, though!

No comments: