Wednesday, December 31, 2008

J.C.'s 2009 Notable List

Well, 2008 didn't quite go to plan, but I am still proud of the fact I read almost twice as much as I did in 2007. I feel encouraged that I can again double my efforts for 2009.

However, I have severely pared down my challenge lists in hopes of maintaining a more realistic goal.

In that vein, I am only committing to reading seven (7) Most Notable books. This may change as one of the other challenges requires that I buy a book to read - and of course - I always check with other bloggers as well as the Most Notable lists for recommendations.

Here are the novels I plan to read for next year:
  • The Archivist's Story by Travis Holland (PW 2007)
  • The Shadow Catcher by Marianne Wiggins (PW 2007)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (IRA CL/R SIG 2007)
  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (NYT 2007)
  • The Maytrees by Anne Dillard (NYT 2007)
  • What The Dead Know by Laura Lippman (PW 2007)
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (NYT 2008)

Here's to having a wonderful 2009, reading and otherwise!

No comments: