However, I have severely pared down my challenge lists in hopes of maintaining a more realistic goal.
In that vein, I am only committing to reading seven (7) Most Notable books. This may change as one of the other challenges requires that I buy a book to read - and of course - I always check with other bloggers as well as the Most Notable lists for recommendations.
Here are the novels I plan to read for next year:
- The Archivist's Story by Travis Holland (PW 2007)
- The Shadow Catcher by Marianne Wiggins (PW 2007)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (IRA CL/R SIG 2007)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (NYT 2007)
- The Maytrees by Anne Dillard (NYT 2007)
- What The Dead Know by Laura Lippman (PW 2007)
- Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (NYT 2008)
Here's to having a wonderful 2009, reading and otherwise!