Saturday, December 31, 2011

How 2011 Went for me

I challenged myself to read the following in 2011:

Too Much Happiness, by Alice Munro
Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
Descarte's Bones, by Russell Shorto

Strength in What Remains, by Tracy Kidder
Cheever: A Life, by Blake Bailey

Freedom, by Johathan Franzen
Love Songs from a Shallow Grave, by Colin Cotterill
Provenance: How a Con Man and a Forger Rewrote the History of Modern Art, by Laney Salisbury and Aley Sujo
An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination, by Elizabeth McCracken

I read the above three plus:

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, by Tom Franklin
The Ministry of Special Cases, by Nathan Englander
Bearing the Body, by Ehud Havazelet
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
The Good Thief, by Hannah Tinti

So: eight total. Not glorious, especially considering how many other books I read this last year! I am determined to make a better showing in 2012.

No comments: