Saturday, November 30, 2013

Notable Books Challenge to Close

The first post to the Notable Books Challenge blog was in August of 2007. Since that time, hundreds of reviews have been published here by many bloggers enthusiastic about the Notable Books lists, including The New York Times Most Notable.

But, 6.5 years is a long time and there have been a lot of changes and challenges in my life - especially over the last year or so. My energy for blogging has dipped - I no longer have the drive to administer multiple blogs and I no longer want the pressure to maintain this blog or the challenge.

Because I get the stats, I know there are readers still coming here and reading the reviews. It is a nice resource to readers to have this site...and so, the site will stay open (at least for awhile) and the reviews already posted will remain.

The site will be closed for new posts beginning January 1, 2014. What does that mean? Well, I will be removing all the authors from this site (except myself) beginning December 31st. 

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who has contributed to The Notable Books Challenge blog - your insights, reviews, and participation have helped it become a popular blog amongst literary readers. I hope you will choose to keep your reviews posted here, but if you choose to delete any reviews, that needs to happen before December 31st.

Thank you all!

2 comments:

Judith Lautner said...

I'm sorry this is happening but I understand. I have enjoyed posting here because it represents a challenge and the books tend to be "better" than the general run.

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.