Saturday, January 15, 2011

Judith's 2010 and Challenge for 2011

Last year I challenged myself to read ten books from the notable lists. I only read five!

There is no me without you, by Melissa Faye Greene
The View from Castle Rock, by Alice Munro
The Maytrees, by Annie Dillard

Brightsided by Barbara Ehrenreich
Circling my Mother, by Mary Gordon



I'm going to be just as conservative and set my goal to read these ten (and hope I achieve at least ten):


Too Much Happiness, by Alice Munro
Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
His Illegal Self, by Peter Carey
Descarte's Bones, by Russell Shorto

Strength in What Remains, by Tracy Kidder
Cheever: A Life, by Blake Bailey

Freedom, by Johathan Franzen
Love Songs from a Shallow Grave, by Colin Cotterill
Provenance: How a Con Man and a Forger Rewrote the History of Modern Art, by Laney Salisbury and Aley Sujo
An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination, by Elizabeth McCracken


As usual, I reserve the right to change my mind about which books I read. 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Judith: You have some great books on your to-read list...I highly, highly recommend McCracken's book - it is so beautifully written.

ImageNations said...

I have always meant to read Freedom but have never even seen a copy of the book before. This is a great list. Hope you achieve your aim

Jennifer said...

I have Provenance on my wishlist. I hope to get to it this year.

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

Judith Lautner said...

Thanks for the comments! I mean to do better this year.