Beginning January 1, 2009, this challenge became a PERPETUAL Challenge. What does this mean? It means that participants may work through the Notable Lists found on this blog at their own pace...reading as many or as little as they wish. My only request is that at the beginning of each new year, participants set goals for the books they would like to read for the year. These goals are not "set in stone" and can be changed at any time, but will serve as a guideline for each individual.
Please feel free to post your goals for 2010 for this challenge. You may read from ANY notable list on this blog:
Participants on this blog are encouraged to challenge themselves to read books from the lists and post reviews to this blog. Cross posting to personal blogs is permitted (and encouraged!).
The "rules" are simple.
- IF you are not currently a member of this blog and would like to become a member, post a comment to this post with your email address. You will then be invited to join the blog. **Please note, to protect the privacy of your email address we will delete your comment as soon as we send you the invitation to join.
- You may join the challenge WITHOUT joining the blog. Simply leave a comment on this post with a link to the post on your blog about the challenge and your goals. If you do not have a blog, simply leave your goal list in the comments.
- Please only post reviews about notable books listed on the blog
- Label your posts this way: using your name and the list name (example: Wendy, 2007 NYT Most Notable). Please do not use the title of the book in your labels. To search for reviews on specific books, please use the Blogger Search feature in the upper left hand corner of the blog.
- You create your own reading list; there is no minimum number of books to read. Feel free to substitute out books on your list or change your list to meet your personal reading needs and goals. THIS IS A PERPETUAL CHALLENGE.
- Overlaps with other challenges are allowed.