Beginning January 1, 2009, this challenge will be a PERPETUAL Challenge. What does this mean? It means that participants may work through the Notable Lists found on this blog at their own pace...reading as many or as little as they wish. My only request is that at the beginning of each new year, participants set goals for the books they would like to read for the year. These goals are not "set in stone" and can be changed at any time, but will serve as a guideline for each individual.
Some things are still the same:
The Notable Books Blog includes notable book lists from a variety of sources. Notable book lists here begin with 2007 lists.
Participants to this blog are encouraged to challenge themselves to read books from the lists and post reviews to this blog. Cross posting to personal blogs is permitted (and encouraged!).
The "rules" are simple.
- Sign up by posting a comment to this post with your email address. You will then be invited to join the blog. **Please note, to protect the privacy of your email address I will delete your comment as soon as I send you the invitation to join.
- Please only post reviews about notable books listed on the blog
- Label your posts this way: using your name and the list name (example: Wendy, 2007 NYT Most Notable). Please do not use the title of the book in your labels. To search for reviews on specific books, please use the Blogger Search feature in the upper left hand corner of the blog.
- You create your own reading list; there is no minimum number of books to read. Feel free to substitute out books on your list or change your list to meet your personal reading needs and goals. THIS IS A PERPETUAL CHALLENGE.
- Overlaps with other challenges are allowed.