Friday, July 4, 2008

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Joy's Thoughts

Author: Jeff Kinney
Genre: Children
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 2.75/5



Greg Heffley's mother requires Greg to write journal entries throughout his first year in middle school. With terrific illustrations and Greg's language, we are taken on a bumpy ride - otherwise known as preteen angst.

This one is difficult to rate. I'm not a fan of promoting mean, manipulative behavior and that's what Greg is all about. While his antics are somewhat humorous (grins from me, not laughter), they have such a negative undertone that they are not appealing. Even though I'm ending on a just below middle of the road rating, I will pick up the next one in this series. Maybe Greg will learn some humility or just plain kindness; however, I'm not holding my breath.


No comments: