Sunday, December 16, 2007

raidergirl's list

Last year I joined this challenge half way through and I've read 7 so far, and would have liked to read a few more. I'll probably be able to get through 8 this year - I don't want to go with one each month, but I know I'll read more than 6.
When I peruse the lists, these six stand out as books I noticed this year and hoped to read. I'll leave room for my 'bandwagon reads' at the bottom.

1. The Gathering by Ann Enright (NYT 2007)
2. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (PW Best Book)
3. Then We Came to The End by Joshua Ferris (NYT 2007)
4. The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak (2007 IRA CL/R SIG Notable Books)
5. House of Meeting by Martin Amis (NYT 2007)
6. Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, by Ishmael Beah (NYT 2007)
7. In the Country of Men by Hisham Matar (NYT 2007)
8. Black Swan Green by David Mitchell (ALA 2007)
9. Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson (NYT 2007)
10. The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro (NYT 2007, PW Best Book)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I loved, loved, loved The Book Thief. What an amazing book. All these books look great!